Atlantic Academy Portland: Sport Premium Funding
Until the academic year 2022/23, the government is making available to all primary schools, a sum of money annually to allow them to continue to develop sports provision within school and to help schools increase pupil participation in sporting activity.
The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.