Thank you for expressing an interest in our vacancy. Atlantic Academy is a great place to work and is situated on the Southern tip of the Isle of Portland. Our location provides us with both breathtaking views of the Jurassic coast and ample outdoor space for our students to use all year round. We have been on a sustained journey of improvement and have built strong relationships with our students and the diverse community that we serve.Our high quality dedicated staff make a real difference to our students.
We are honoured to lead the team providing an all-through education at Atlantic Academy. Our team works hard for the students of Portland, working to transform their lives; inspiring them to have the confidence, character and commitment to realise their full potential. Our goal is to deliver a rigorous, engaging curriculum, one which improves outcomes for all our students and provides opportunities for cultural enrichment. (Therefore) As a result, teaching within the school is often outstanding and consistently good across all subjects and key stages. driven by the desire to see (This is because we want) all our students live happy, healthy and productive lives.
Our school’s unique nature and small size ensures we know our children well and enable them to realise their ambitions, helping them to strive to achieve their very best. Our students are heavily involved in working with our dedicated staff to continuously improve the school and the welfare of others. We are an integral part of the Portland Community and Portland’s future matters to us. We work hard to equip the children in our care with the skills, attitudes, academic qualifications and imagination needed for the complex and changing world ahead. At Atlantic we are passionate about excellence in all aspects of a child’s life, giving students the very best start possible. We have high aspirations, and believe students should:
- Be actively engaged in their learning
- Believe in themselves
- See the connection in what they want to become and what they are doing
- Have disruption free learning
- Have access to a challenging academic curriculum offer
- Not dwell on barriers but seek solutions
We seek to appoint staff with energy,enthusiasm and passion for their subject. You need to have good organisational, problem-solving and analytical skills and are able to work with a wide variety of people both internal and external to the school and wider community. What we look for in potential candidates is the ability and willingness to:
- work collaboratively as part of a wider team
- contribute to both the academic and the extra-curricular success of their subject.
- manage conflicting priorities that can change at short notice.
- have a real passion for working in a school community and with our students
- align with, articulate and communicate our school’s vision
- have a positive can do attitude
- build and continue to maintain effective working relationships quickly
- be flexible, adaptable and self-motivated.
- have high expectations, of yourself and the students you teach
Once again, thank you for your interest in Atlantic Academy. If you feel this post could be right for you then we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Mrs L Bishop Principal of Secondary & Miss Heppell Principal of Primary